While the annual performance management process (PMP) officially kicks off in early June, professional development and performance management occurs year-round. Employees will be expected to report progress on professional goals. As part of ensuring a safe, respectful, and productive work environment, staff are encouraged to consider and demonstrate engagement in activities covered by the PMP’s safety, IDEA, and service sections. There are many ways to participate, and each employee’s contributions benefit the Lab. Read on for some ideas and resources to aid in developing a thorough and well-rounded PMP this year, and for future years.
Safety and Security
- Join the Scientific Safety and Collaboration Alliance. Complete this form to join.
- Refresh any On-the-Job (OJT) training for work-related WPC hazards
- Review safety videos for relevant work-related topics
- Review the Security and Emergency Services Briefing (SES 0200)
- Review protective actions to take in hazardous or emergency situations
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA)
- Join area/division/user facility IDEA committees
- Join and become an active member of one of the Lab’s many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Review Lab resources to be a better Ally or Upstander
- Participate in the Lab’s Stewardship Summit or Equity Reset programs
- Take courses like Inclusion During Difficult Times and Being an Effective Team Member to contribute to effective group/team dynamics
- Develop connections with Minority Serving Institutions, developing partnerships to aid in the development of Funding for Accelerated, Inclusive Research (FAIR) proposals
- Host participants in the DOE Visiting Faculty Program (VFP), Community College Internship (CCI), or Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) programs